Selected Vltava River Bridges III.
This reinforced concrete bridge connecting Smíchov and Ressl Street was built during the years 1929 to 1933 according to architect František Mencl’s design. The bridge, consisting of six arched spans, is 310.6 metres long and 21 metres wide. It is supported by five piers overlaid with granite blocks.
A stone road bridge built by V. Lanna during the years 1898 to 1901 on the location of the former Emperor František I chain (suspension) bridge. The bridge, consisting of nine arches, is 343 metres long and 16 metres wide. The 7th Prague bridge in succession (in the downstream direction) connecting Lesser Town and National Avenue.
One of the oldest bridges in Central Europe. It was founded by Charles IV and built by Petr Parléř on the location of the former Judita’s Bridge (demolished in 1342). Up to 1841, it was the only bridge spanning the Vltava in Prague. It is 515.76 metres long and 9.5 metres wide. The bridge has 16 arches and is ornamented with 30 Baroque statues.
The first concrete bridge in Prague was built in two phases: First the southern, steel section of the bridge, consisting of two steel truss supported spans, was built during the years 1908 to 1910. During the years 1909 – 1912, the northern, concrete section, 200 metres long and having 7 arches (3 above the river and 4 above Štvanice island) was built. The bridge is richly ornamented with statues.
This is the second oldest bridge spanning the Vltava in Prague. The double-track railway bridge, connecting the Masaryk Railway Station with the line Prague – Děčín, was built by architect Alois Negrelli during the years 1845 – 1859. The bridge is 1,110 metres long, 7.6 metres wide and has 87 arches.
This concrete road bridge was built during the years 1924 to 1928 according to architects Janák and Mencl’s project. The bridge has 5 arches on the Holešovice bank and one arch on the Libeň side. The total length of the structure (without the earthen ramps) in 370 metres and it is 21 metres wide.
The Prague districts of Holešovice and Libeň are also connected by the Barikádníků Bridge, which was built during the years 1977 to 1980 on the location of the former Troja Bridge from the year 1928. The structure, intended for automobile and pedestrian traffic, is 212 metres long and 33.5 metres wide.
Masaryk Bridge in the town of Kralupy nad Vltavou
This three-arch reinforced concrete bridge was built during the years 1926 to 1928. The entire structure, supported by two piers, is 200 metres long. The centre arch has a span of 80 metres and the two outer ones are 60 metres. The bridge is 11.23 metres wide. This still functioning bridge is now considered a technical monument.
Weather forecast from Yr, delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the NRK