Other technical sights on the Vltava River
It was built during the years 1925 to 1929 according to architect A. Engel’s project. During the years 1956 to 1965, according to the original design, it was expended by another building. Today, the architectonically valuable neo-classicist structure enjoys monument protection. In addition to supplying Prague with potable water, part of the Podolí Waterworks also contains the Prague Waterworks Museum exposition.
Lesser Town Waterworks
This technical monument was built in 1562 on the location of an old wooden waterworks. In the 17th century it was reconstructed in the Renaissance style. It underwent major reconstruction during the years 1987 to 1988. Its tower, also named Petržilkovská, having a height of 34 metres, is the smallest waterworks tower in Prague.
The Vraňany – Hořín Floating Channel
A 10 kilometre long channel diverges from the left bank of the Vltava River at the village of Vraňany that compensates for an unnavigable section of the original riverbed of the Vltava in the direction of the town of Mělník. The channel includes historic locks in the village of Hořín, put into operation in 1905, which are a technical monument today. The entire waterworks was built in only 2 years!
Weather forecast from Yr, delivered by the Norwegian Meteorological Institute and the NRK